The Languages and Cultures Network for Australian Universities was created in 2011 as part of the ALTC/OLT-funded ‘Leadership for Future Generations: A National Network for University Languages’ project, which aims to lead the development of a stronger languages culture in higher education in Australia. In June 2013, LCNAU was incorporated as an association, in order to facilitate its work for the sector. We invite your membership, so that you can partner with us in this vital work.
Your membership will support LCNAU, and will provide you with additional benefits:
- Eligibility to vote in LCNAU elections and to stand for committee membership, ie. to play a direct role in the development of policy and practice;
- Eligibility to present at biennial national languages colloquia, subject to acceptance;
- Eligibility to submit papers for consideration in the colloquia proceedings, where these planned;
- Member-only discount on registration for biennial national languages colloquia;
- Member-only discounts on purchases of LCNAU publications;
- Regular updates on LCNAU’s activities and news from across the sector;
- Opportunities to share news of your own publications and research through our monthly updates.
Want to know about sponsorship?
Contact us for details of sponsorship for associations, universities and schools.
Membership for the 2016-2017 Financial Year is available now!
Note that membership runs for the financial year and will be due for renewal on 1 July 2017.
New member (Full): $95 ($75 annual membership, $20 joining fee)
Renewing member (Full): $75 ($75 annual membership, no joining fee)
New member (Concession, i.e. student/sessional): $50 ($40 annual membership, $10 joining fee)
Renewing member (Concession, i.e. student/sessional): $40 ($40 annual membership, no joining fee)
Individual Membership Instructions
1. If you are a NEW member, download your membership application form here.
2. Complete your payment. Payment options include direct deposit, cheque or PayPal/ Credit Card. To pay by PayPal/Credit Card, click on the button below.
3. Send your completed application form (only necessary if you are a NEW member) and proof of payment to LCNAU. You will receive a receipt and a copy of the Rules of the Association (which may also be downloaded here.)
Pay now by PayPal/Credit Card
Please ensure you select the CORRECT membership category.
Please only choose “renewing member” if you have been a financial member during the previous financial year; please only choose “concession” if you are eligible (contact us if you are not sure).
Please note that ALL NEW MEMBERS must complete and return a membership application form. Renewing members do not need to complete a new form.
If you have selected the incorrect membership category (“renewing” instead of “new”) and still need to pay the joining fee, please use the button below: