The following guidelines are to be followed when preparing posters for the Interactive Poster Session, which is to take place from 5.30-6.30pm on Tuesday 27th September:
- The poster is to be A1 size (59.4 x 84.1cm).
- The font size needs to be legible from 2-3 metres (suggested sizes: 96pt for title; 36-48pt for headings; 18-24pt for text).
- The font used for the text should be easy to read (san serif fonts work best).
- The text should be spell-checked.
- There should be a good balance between text and graphics.
- Text can be presented with dot points, lists and tables to improve clarity.
- The main message of the poster should be clear and understandable without verbal explanations.
- The poster should include a simple explanation of the purpose/rationale of the project, along with research findings and conclusions/implications, and a list of references (where applicable).
- Name, institution and contact details should be included on the poster.
- Please bring additional A4-size copies of your poster and/or other explanatory material for distribution to interested Colloquium participants (approx 20 copies).
Presenters should note the following procedure for the Interactive Poster Session:
- Presenters are asked to take their posters to the Arts Hall (within the Old Arts Building) during the 4.00-4.30pm afternoon tea break on Tuesday 27 September, so that the posters can be put on display.
- During the interactive poster session, presenters are asked to stand beside their posters and engage with anyone who wishes to ask questions, or to make a brief presentation if desired. It may also be useful to have a handout ready, such as an A4 copy of the poster or other explanatory material.
- At the end of the poster session, presenters will need to remove their posters.
- We also ask that you make available your poster in PDF format for posting on the LCNAU website; please send PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org.