Welcome to the website of the Languages and Cultures Network for Australian Universities (LCNAU).
LCNAU is inviting membership so that others can partner with us in our vital work for the tertiary languages and cultures sector. Find out more…
Exciting news! LCNAU welcomes the awarding of national funding for a new OLT project ‘A national language studies portal for Australian universities’. It will have a significant effect on numbers of students learning languages by making visible in a single online location all languages taught at all Australian universities, ranging from Indigenous Australian languages to global languages, from semester-long courses to full degree programs, and via a number of delivery methods. Read the Press Release here…
Want to know more about LCNAU? Read more below, or click on the menu above.
LCNAU aims to facilitate the provision of the best possible languages education for Australian students by:
- supporting and extending sector cooperation, between Arts and Education faculties, and between universities;
- sharing present and future good practice across Australian universities;
- offering support on models of delivery to institutions struggling to keep languages afloat;
- improving the professional development of early-career and mid-career academics;
- encouraging and enabling university research on and through languages other than English; and
- providing a national approach and coordinated voice for the advocacy and promotion of language and culture education within and beyond universities, that is clearly embedded in the tertiary sector and durable over time.
A number of resources, including the latest publications by LCNAU, are featured here.
For further information about LCNAU, contact us.