Head of Department and Professor, Macquarie Uniersity
- Appointment Type: Full-time, Fixed term for 5 years, with a substantive continuing academic appointment.
- Salary Package: from $186,809 to $195,640 p.a, plus Head of Department allowance, 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
To be considered for this position, please submit your application online, including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the position (not more than 2 pages) and your resume.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- PhD in a relevant academic discipline;
- A well-articulated research agenda within an International Studies discipline (preferably French Studies) and a record of high-quality publications;
- A record of personal achievement in delivering high-quality foreign language learning and teaching methodologies at the tertiary level;
- Collaborative leadership that unites and inspires people and creates a culture of high performance and collegiality.
- Extensive experience and expertise in the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programs preferably in French and Francophone Studies;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an executive team, contributing to faculty strategic planning and the ability to translate and implement these as part of the department’s core areas of teaching, research, and engagement;
- Strategic thinking, business development and implementation at a senior team level and through the work of others
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of academic and professional staff.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Martina Mollering, Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Mal Sawley, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 18th August 2019 at 11:55pm (Eastern Standard Time, EST)
The following link will take you to the website to access the full advertisement: